292 - A God, Releasing

Lin

There's a certain joy in letting things go.

And through writing a song not too long ago, I feel that somehow, I can let go of bin boy.

Releasing the level of anger and therefore attention I've been giving him may well set me free as well.

I realised that last year, his sabotaging of my ability to get my forms for university done was a cult attempt to keep me in Highgate, which, because of my anger, I had failed to notice until now.

But now, he's someone else's problem.

And as Khonshu said, my reign, and my rise, have only just begun.

So what's the use in paying attention to something, someone even, that is so insignificant that he's barely a blip in the seasons of my life?

I know what I deserve, and I deserve far better than someone like him in my life. Not to mention that not only did our system stand up for ourselves against him, that we won.

And whilst that often hasn't felt like enough, because we've wanted to see him fixed, to be forced to change his behaviour through a revelation, leading to the understanding of his many, many misdemeanours; for now, knowing that we were listened to, and believed, which led to us being stood up for by authority, is enough.

Whether he likes it or not, he was wrong, and I can live knowing that no matter what manipulation, threats, attempted sexual violence or else that he's committed against us, that we stood firm in the truth, did our best to treat him with respect and stood up for ourselves despite his abuse - and it paid off. And no matter what, because of our actions and intentions, that we will always be a better system, and better people, than he could ever strive to be.

And this year? I will go to university.

And this time, I'll be treated with respect, dignity and love, just like I deserve.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

51 - A God, Reaching

266 - A God, Green

300 - A God, Shedding