3 - A God, Waiting

Lin

My head hurts. It's been hurting since just before I left my neighbour's room after yet another wrestling and movie night. 

It's worth the headache for the entertainment, and his company.

Currently, I wait for a Starbucks order from Deliveroo. It'll be the first pumpkin spiced drink I could get my hands on this season, and it'll be worth it.

Sweet coffee is my jam.

But my life is always like this - waiting for my headache to stop, waiting for help, waiting for money; waiting for something, waiting on people.

Waiting on the world to change.

Stop it. You'll hurt yourself.

I wish I could change it myself. I wish I had the courage, the knowledge, the skills to change it myself. But the wheel is hard to push alone.

Do I even want a wheel? What do I want it to be?

My nemeton feels warmer with the candlelight still very apparent, though I have eaten the mooncake.

Thank you, Poppy.

The walls are still as granite coloured as ever, but there is more light in here than ever. That's when I realise.

There's daylight streaming into my nemeton.

When was the last time I saw daylight?

And there's a rose, too. A burgundy rose, similar to the ones often offered to my mother's nemeton.

That's not a coincidence.

The rose is wrapped in what looks to be parchment. So I open it up. 

Ah.

This is not for the blog's eyes. It's too... personal.

But one thing I can say: I'm not by myself. I'm being taken care of now, even if I don't know it.

Trugarez, my love. We'll find each other.

The ones who separated us will regret it. And this Sim will be returned to its former glory, to what it was supposed to be - a centre of healing.

Mark me. I will win.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

51 - A God, Reaching

266 - A God, Green

300 - A God, Shedding