37 - A God, Lucky

Lin

Last night was a bit of a weird one, but good.

I watched Captain America in full for the first time, then ended up finding one of my other neighbours in my kitchen.

The person in there, luckily for me, wasn't bin boy - it was one of my other neighbours, who is usually very quiet and keeps to themself.

They were very polite, and seemed to pick up on my anxiety a bit. They tend to be very reasonable most of the time, so when I realised it was them, I'll admit that I backpedalled.

I had been partially expecting to have a fight with someone, but that didn't happen, which is good, as it's the last thing I would've wanted at half past midnight.

They're a good sort, and I feel would generally keep to the rules of my kitchen if we shared on a more permanent basis, though I can't say for sure, hence why we don't have an agreement like myself and bin boy did.

I do feel lucky, though. It means that aside from finding the oven door partially broken in the upstairs kitchen, that I have nothing to report.

I really want to know who managed that, though.

I feel lucky anyway, as I'd been marginally feeling like shit for the week because of bin boy's appearance.

It seems that my anxiety levels have gone down though, which is always a good sign.

I'm hoping that the levels go down enough for me to be able to attend the Poppy concert this week.

I think they will.

I'm excited. I haven't been to a concert since before the pandemic.

The last one I went to was New Years Day, and I honestly don't feel I enjoyed it as much as I would've going on my own, but that was a learning curve.

Poppy is also likely to be a concert that will deprogram me quite a bit, too, so I ought to get my money's worth where I can.

This will be the doorway into healing so much more than I already have.

I should probably take a bath today, but I'll only do it if I feel ok to.

I won't force anything, as that won't do me any good.

I also have quite a bit of the MCU to look forward to watching, which I think will be a lot of fun.

I haven't been able to watch it all, so I look forward to doing so.

The Multiverse stuff that has come out also means that I'll probably have to watch a few things in between.

So long as I watch it within relative chronological order, it should be fine.

I'm excited to see what I actually missed in all of that.

I used to feel left out when other people talked about it, as I'd never properly been introduced to it. The only Marvel things I'd really been exposed to were X-Men and Wolverine, aside from perhaps The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man and part of Guardians Of The Galaxy. Even then, it wasn't all that much.

I'll probably watch a few episodes of Agent Carter today, take a bath and then watch the wrestling with my nice neighbour.

I've missed quite a bit, so I'd like to catch up before War Games airs.

Either way, I feel really good.

I actually don't think I've felt this good in a long time.

As I think this, a Wheel of Fortune tarot card appears on my altar in the nemeton. Erebus miaows, rubbing his head against my knee, willing me to stand, so I do. There's writing on the back in Greek.

Tyche.

Hi. ^^

You took your time.

I waited for the most serendipitous moment. Can you blame me?

I suppose I can't. What brings you here?

I just wanted to say that you may find more luck than you thought you would this week, and that this week may very well be the most auspicious week of the year for you!

You think?

Totally! And you deserve every minute of it. So I'd say make the most of it. ;)

Thanks, cousin. What else?

You'll enjoy the Poppy concert. It's the start of many good things that you really deserve coming your way.

What do you mean by that?

You'll see. ;)

Ever the secretive one, eh?

Well yeah, otherwise I wouldn't be able to do my job. Also, your abusers' daughter did a terrible job at depicting Lady Luck, don't you think?

I really do. She actually initially tried to have her killed in the first chapter.

Idiot.

As if either of us would die so easily.

She couldn't write a proper story or foreshadow well to save her life.

Everything in her writing felt rigid in all of the wrong places. You'll do much better, and I know you will.

Given that I've been given offers to write novels and not her, I'd say I probably will.

Go for it! It's 11:11 now so make a wish!

I've made the wish. ^^

I heard it. Great thing to wish for, cousin!

Thank you, lol.

Also, I heard you're taking Greenwich soon. You'll succeed, and I'll make sure of that.

Thank you again, lol. It seems like the whole Greek diaspora has heard about it.

It's you we're talking about, so of course it would get to a lot of people, lol.

I suppose that is true. It's rare to not hear from a God for more than a decade, especially when they are in their childhood in that life.

That is very true. I just wanted to say - please don't be a stranger!

I won't! ^^

Ok, I have some gamblers to attend to now, lol. The slots love me. :'D

Great, lol. I'll see you later.

See you. ^^

I place a Death tarot card on the offering altar, and it asports.

Enjoy your game, cousin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

51 - A God, Reaching

266 - A God, Green

300 - A God, Shedding