65 - A God, Recuperating

Lin

I slept in for most of today.

Ironic, given that today is the start of Yule.

I want to go out and treat myself, but I'm not sure how physically ready for that my body is.

And if I travel again knowing that I haven't eaten, I don't know if my body will be better or worse for it.

I may have a night out tomorrow, on Wednesday or on Thursday.

I haven't decided yet. I may do it on Friday to give an up-yours to mr voldy.

I also realised something about something that bin boy said to me about 'his past', which makes me wonder if he was telling the truth, or pulling yet another story out from my book.

He could very well have been telling the truth, but given his penchant for lying, I'm starting to doubt the validity of most of his claims.

He mentioned, in an attempt to gaslight me, that his father 'tried to kill him'.

Now, I don't know why he felt the need to use this in particular to gaslight me with.

Unless he knew about my own experiences.

That specific incident I never remember telling him outright about. I don't think I ever told him about mr voldy.

That leaves me with three options:

1. He heard me talking to myself and chose to capitalise on that.

2. He heard it from starry pants.

3. He heard it from rickmansworth.

If it came from starry pants, it wouldn't surprise me, but that also means he would have been breaking client confidentiality. I'm also pretty sure that bin boy wouldn't have listened to me talking to myself, either. The only other option I can think of is if he somehow eavesdropped on a conversation between myself and someone else, like one of our other neighbours at the time, or potentially with a caseworker.

But even that's unlikely. Less unlikely than starry pants telling him everything, but it doesn't feel like that's right either.

Which potentially means that he has spoken to rickmansworth.

Which means...

I need to get out of here.

The last thing I need in my life right now is yet another one of rickmansworth's eyes watching me.

Again, it's ironic that he tried his best to trigger me further with things he couldn't have possibly known about without either:

1. Stalking me.

Or

2. Hearing it from someone who I definitely didn't give permission to talk about it to.

Yet another thing to add to the long list of horrible things that bin boy has done in his feeble attempt to bring me down.

And he won't be getting anywhere with it besides hell, I can promise you that.

Hi, Tarvos.

I briefly mentioned him before when he came to supervise the visit between myself and Esus. He's Esus' Dad, Erecura's husband, and a God of Death, wildlife, war and protection, among other things. All in all, he's pretty cool, and more scholarly than you might think.

What brings you here?

Yule, and a message from your parents. It seems I'll also need to arrange protection for you now, too.

Trugarez.

Of course. You're Taranis' kid, and therefore my nibling. I need to take care of you in some way, even if it's something small like this.

I appreciate that.

What did my parents say?

They miss you, and they love you. They also want to take you in for Yule next year.

Really?

Of course! You haven't had a proper holiday with them and Olly since you were a toddler, right?

I don't even remember having a holiday with Olly, so that would definitely be nice.

Mat eo din. So it's arranged.

Gwych. What did you want to say about Yule?

If you need myself, Esus or Erecura, you can call on us. Heck, if you want to spend the holidays with us, you can.

You mean that?

Sure. Wouldn't want you spending a third Christmas alone, would we?

I can't help but smile.

Would I need to do anything in return?

Really, we just want you there, but if you want to help with the food, you're more than welcome to.

Trugarez. I'll bring presents. 

You don't have to.

I will. You're doing me a huge favour.

Here's an early one.

I reach into my offerings for a silver compass, enchanted with Gaulish script. It tells you wherever you need to go for your highest good at any given time. I place it on the offering altar in the nemeton, and it disappears.

Lovely, trugarez.

In response, a silver necklace with a wheel pendant appears on my altar.

The wheel is enchanted to get warm if you're in the presence of someone using a skin which isn't theirs, and to glow when you switch between timelines. Or, when you need encouragement.

Trugarez, uncle.

I send him one of the biggest spiritual hugs that I can.

I can sense him smiling in response, and he ruffles my hair.

Take care out here, Tavi.

And you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

51 - A God, Reaching

266 - A God, Green

300 - A God, Shedding