74 - A God, Offering

Lin

I've been asking for a lot recently.

Praying often is an unusual thing for me to do, but it's felt like I've had no other choice.

Maybe it's just me, but the onset of the Christmas period seems to have made me more desperate.

Especially now that I've realised that I may have agoraphobia after what bin boy did to me.

I just want to live.

And I'm betting all my chips on the idea that someday, I will.

And in that moment, I'll no longer be afraid.

I know what I'm going to do with some of my money, but I won't say it here.

But it is a common sense thing to do in order to stay rich.

I actually feel a lot better.

It might just be the large amount of Bailey's I drank. 

Whatever it's caused by, I can only assume it's a good thing.

I deserve to be happy.

I'm thinking of learning Welsh properly soon.

When I move to Wales, I want to make sure that I can speak with the locals, and the more I know, the better.

I also want to continue with my Manx studies.

Somehow speaking it feels like having a comforting cup of hot chocolate in my hands. It's like I get the warm fuzzies.

Of course you do, it's your birthright.

MannanĂ¡n!

Hey kiddo.

You guys may or may not have met my cousin MannanĂ¡n already. He's the protector and landlord of the Isle Of Man, as well as a Weather and Sea God, among other things.

What brings you here during the holidays?

I figured I'd see you, as I get the sense you haven't been able to see most of your Celtic folks during the holiday period, right?

Yeah. It's been kind of lonely. Luckily I have Athena here until New Year's, so I should be fine for the most part. Though even with her around, it's been kind of quiet.

You have had visitors, aye?

I have, but I think that knowing that I have no one to be with physically is difficult.

Aye. Your nemeton's full, but your house is not. Though I know you have your reasons for that.

Yes, I do. Shared housing is not fun.

Well, if you ever decide you want to move to Mannin, you can. You're always welcome at mine or Desmond's, though I'm sure you already know that.

Gura mie ayd. I genuinely appreciate it.

Of course, lad. Our house is your house.

And I'm getting the warm fuzzies again.

You guys are the best.

I reach into my offerings pile for a silver boat statuette, and place it onto the offering altar.

As I'm about to, I feel Manny ruffle my hair.

No need. You mind if I stay the night?

He hands me an enchanted charm bracelet, and I beam.

Not at all. My house is your house.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

51 - A God, Reaching

266 - A God, Green

300 - A God, Shedding