89 - A God, Blissful

Lin

I'm currently eating a delicious pepperoni pizza. 

After today, I deserve to.

I managed to have an over the phone appointment with a doctor alongside my caseworker, which, by the sounds of it, will get me back in touch with the mental health department of the NHS, and get me a fit note for at least two months.

I've needed this kind of intervention for a while now.

Afterwards, I ended up having a very long nap, and dreaming about Spencer Charnas and Na'vi.

It was actually really cool. Someone heard me sing from the stop motion department of our arts circle and wanted to work with me. Spencer was awesome, too.

As well, I had a conversation with someone who was Na'vi about what species I was, particularly what skin colour they (I don't know who) found me to be. (It was blue.)

I think she may have assumed I was Na'vi too, but I didn't have the heart to tell her that I was Sal. Then again, she probably figured, given that my skin wasn't blue whilst she was talking to me.

There was also mentions of education and whatnot, and there was one guy who mentioned going to different schools, and asked me if I'd been to any of them. 

They were different phases of school age wise, and I hadn't been to any, from what I remembered. He then told me to stay away from a specific district, as that was where schooling took place. The assumption was that I'd never be able to return, as I'm not a child.

Weirdly though, I felt like I fit in so well.

Like these people were my friends, and that I was in my element. I want friends like them.

And you'll get them. ;)

Hello again, Philotes.

Hi. ^^

What's up in Olympos?

Not much, though it does sound like Zeus may make a return.

Of course. He'll likely have heard by now that I've taken charge of the Sim. There are one of two ways this will go - he'll either extol or denigrate my claim, with pride or anger.

Well that's pretty monumental. Isn't Hera technically ruling Olympos right now?

Yes. 

It'll be interesting to see his reaction to her on the Greek throne again.

Does he know?

I wouldn't be surprised if he did. He still calls upon Hermes or Iris from time to time, though Hermes doesn't tell us a lot about what he says. As for Iris, she'll only tell Hera what she hears, unless she's been told otherwise.

Judging by that behaviour, when he returns, it's likely that he'll have something very important to say. Zeus is rarely known for being reflective for this long, let alone choosing to be alone and only speak to Hermes or Iris. 

In that case, I doubt he'll threaten me.

Philotes shakes her head.

I don't get that sense, either.

She sighs.

I just want everyone to be happy, and Zeus seems sad. At least, that's the feeling I get, anyway.

Given how badly tarnished his reputation is by lies and misunderstandings, I understand why.

Zeus has had his face taken many times, by many people, far too many times. It explains all of the stories about rape, bestiality and torturous punishments he was said to commit. So much of that was an active effort to bring hatred his way. I can only assume that rickmansworth and his goons made a good point of slandering Zeus, knowing that his presence and worship was a massive threat to their plans.

Well, they're going to pay for that. And everything they've done to this Sim, its people and especially my family and cultures.

I rise to this promise.

I almost guarantee that most of these misunderstandings are caused by skin stealing.

I won't say he was the best ruler, but he was never cruel.

Cranky, yes. Perhaps a little bit insecure about his masculinity, yes. But a serial rapist and murderer? Absolutely not.

I agree. Which is why I came here.

We need to vindicate Zeus.

I can help you find friends, alongside Rhiannon, who is already helping with that, as well as the move. You need physical people in your corner, and that is my speciality.

All I need is your agreement that if Zeus asks for support in clearing his name and reclaiming his skins, that you will support him in that.

My head tilts to the side slightly in confusion.

If you need help with this, why ask me, as opposed to Aletheia and Pistis?

I probably already know the answer, but I want to be sure.

You know rickmansworth and his goons better than anyone, and you're already forming an offensive against them evidence wise. If that load also includes the crimes he and his goons committed against Zeus and potentially other Gods, he would get a much harsher sentence.

You also know the signs of cult involvement and specifically rickmansworth's work, which means even if he wasn't charged, you're a credible enough source to vindicate Zeus from any wrongdoing because you can distinguish between Zeus and rickmansworth's behaviour.

Not to mention the obvious part where almost all of the Gods have now signed for you to become leader of the Sim, which means they trust you above anyone else to lead us. That's like, highest order shit.

She's right. Everything stacks up in both mine and Zeus' favour. But also, with his popularity mythos wise and even worship wise, there is a potential that I could build up a better following by ensuring my great uncle's safety and innocence through finding the lies. And if Zeus won't fight me about ruling (which I have reason to doubt he will), then I have nothing to worry about.

Do you think Hera will be ok with this?

It was Hera's idea. And she knew you'd agree, because you have needs to fulfill socially and spiritually, and this is the easiest way of getting them for both your family and friends, including us, and you yourself.

Great Aunt Hera, ever a few steps ahead of me. She deserves to be known for her intelligence.

She really cares about you, you know.

When she says that, I can't help but smile, and my eyes feel slightly misty.

Tell her I'm in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

51 - A God, Reaching

266 - A God, Green

300 - A God, Shedding