129 - A God, Extinguishing

Lin

I had an interesting experience last night.

That was also very unpleasant.

As I was trying to search through some of my old photographs on my phone for material that I could use in my subliminals, I came across a lot of snapshots of my experience during the Summer Of Darkness.

For a while, I couldn't get myself out of that funk, despite being proud of myself for coming so far.

Eventually, said funk almost consumed me to the point of being sucked back into the horror that was that situation, and I had to enlist help.

What we found was not only shocking, but mortifying.

Given the circumstances though, it wasn't surprising. As it turns out, someone (likely rickmansworth) put an arcane dei-it into my heart.

So, for those who don't know, a dei-it is usually a creature that is a godly familiar. However, this particular dei-it was corrupted by a specific kind of dark magic. This is known as arcane interference. That poor creature was likely another God's familiar previously, but we had to dispose of it.

The git had its claw in my heart, which I'll now have to get a prescription from Montgomery for on the regular.

Luckily for me, my Vietnamese ancestors got it out of me before it could do me any further damage by setting me back several years.

Good thing I know where my heart went now, though.

Putrid thing was probably using it as sustenance, which would explain rather a lot.

Arianrhod takes a seat next to me, handing me a bottle of light blue pills.

These will help.

What are they?

Time capsules.

I grin.

Not those kind of time capsules.

She laughs, nodding.

Definitely not those kind. They'll help with Montgomery's medicine.

Take two in the morning, and two in the evening. If you feel heavy in the afternoon, take two then as well.

For a minute, I study her quizzically.

What do they do?

She smiles.

They keep you in touch with the flow of time, and where you are within it. They also help with knowing if you're in multiple places in time at once.

When you're sick like you are now, it's harder to use that natural ability of yours in order to stay safe, so pills like these will help until you no longer need them.

What's more is that they also help speed up the healing process of your heart, which will shorten the period of time you need to use them in the first place.

Popping two out of the bottle, I smile.

Diolch. Here goes nothing.

I take both in tandem, and then take a swig of my hot chocolate. They go down really well.

Did I taste blueberries? Or was it bubblegum?

Arianrhod grins.

I forgot to mention that whenever you have them, they end up tasting like your favourite blue food.

I giggle.

Iawn, that's brilliant.

Diolch again. Genuinely.

Arianrhod offers me a hug, and I accept it.

Wrth gwrs, lad. We Time Gods ought to stick together.

Want to watch a movie?

I nod.

Brave.

Iawn, let's do it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

51 - A God, Reaching

266 - A God, Green

300 - A God, Shedding