135 - A God, Giving

Lin

It seems that the advice I gave Hypnos yesterday worked, because now a bleary eyed Endymion and a particularly ecstatic Selene sit in my living room.

Selene smiles at me.

Ευχαριστώ, dear cousin.

I mirror her facial expression in a somewhat more tired manner.

Παρακαλώ.

I turn to Endymion.

Do you have any idea who tried to put you into eternal sleep?

He frowns, rubbing his eyes.

All I know is that the man who made the deal with me came to me in the guise of Zeus. I will admit though, something didn't feel right.

I raise an eyebrow curiously.

In what way?

For a brief moment, he looks to Selene, who puts her hand on his arm, and nods. He turns back to me.

Whoever he was, I couldn't sense any lightning in his aura. Like, at all. 

With you, it's insanely obvious, just like your father and uncle. It's similar to how I can sense the Moon in Selene. 

But whoever this man was, he didn't have a godly aura. It was heavy.

If that was the case, then why did you take him up on the deal?

Endymion sighs.

I thought it would garner me some godly approval, and the ability to always see Selene, no matter what time it was.

Being on good terms with your lover's family has always been very important in Greek culture, so I figured that if Zeus was giving me a chance, regardless of the fine print, that I would be safe.

I shut my eyes, and take a deep breath.

Endymion took a deal based on what a random entity using Zeus' face was saying. He had enough reason to distrust him, but not enough reason to show that - and so he opted for being polite in order to avoid offending a potentially major God. Keep in mind that this was also a time in which the Gods were quite proactively involved in people's lives, as most of us hadn't been banished into incarnation at that point - which means that for the most part, people had little reason to not trust what they were seeing and hearing.

But it wasn't him.

It wasn't him.

Now, it seems, it is my turn to sigh. Of all people, why choose to curse him with sleep? It seems almost... pre-meditated.

I just want you to know that all of this is not your fault.

Selene nods.

And whoever did this, we'll find them.

She gazes at me expectantly, and I respond.

I'll get Angelia and Iris to look at things. Hermes can join in if he wishes to, which he probably will, depending on how heavy his workload is.

She stands, beaming, and takes my hands in hers.

Ευχαριστώ again. Genuinely. Now we're able to marry because of you.

Behind her, Endymion grins, somewhat sheepishly, but lovingly, at Selene as she lets go of my hands.

When it's scheduled, expect an invite. We'd love to see you.

I find myself smiling now.

Of course!

They exchange looks, seemingly enraptured with one another.

We should go now - the Moon needs to show in the sky tonight. But if you need anything, let us know.

Ευχαριστώ. I'll keep that in mind.

We'll see you later, then!

As they leave, they approach Selene's chariot. I grin, waving.

Τα λέμε! (Ta léme - see you later.)

The chariot speeds off, leaving stardust in its wake.

Stay safe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

51 - A God, Reaching

266 - A God, Green

300 - A God, Shedding