143 - A God, Elsewhere

Lin

I was pleasantly surprised today.

Another caseworker messaged me today, so now I know that I have someone I can speak to on Fridays when my main caseworker isn't around.

Honestly, it's a relief.

Up until today, I found myself waiting for Friday, Saturday and Sunday to be over, just so that I could know that my safety was certain if anything happened.

Today has been full of both fortune and misfortune, but nothing I can't handle.

My period decided to make itself known again, but I got some money and bought plenty of sweet foods to supplement myself with as well, which always helps me.

Summing today's luck up, it seems that my life is on the upswing.

Fortune, it seems, smiles on me.

May it always smile on ye.

Arianrhod offers me a mug of hot chocolate with whipped cream and marshmallows, which I readily accept, and we sit together in the cinema room.

Ye ready to move?

I hesitate. Arianrhod's question was unexpected, given that I've been trying to move out since the Summer Of Darkness. 

Technically, I've been in the safe house for longer than three years, more than a year longer than my tenancy, and for two years longer than I wanted to be. Packing up shop and upping sticks now would feel like a dream. I take a sip of hot chocolate, then speak.

Should I be excited?

She nods.

Ye have the power to leave now. The town's yours, and Saturn's in Pisces, so ye can go wherever ye will now.

Reaching for her, I open my arms, and she accepts my embrace.

Diolch.

I would traverse the Underworld to be elsewhere.

She nods, patting my back.

I know, lad.

Gently, she breaks off the hug to get a better look at me.

You're going to go far, you know. As a person, in your careers, as a God...

She pauses.

You should be proud.

My eyes are misty now, and she hands me the box of tissues.

Diolch again. Really.

If you can, will you help me learn Welsh?

Her expression brightens.

Wrth gwrs!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

51 - A God, Reaching

266 - A God, Green

300 - A God, Shedding