151 - A God, Starting Again

Lin

Today I received some news that could be beneficial or detrimental to me.

Due to their illness, my main caseworker has left.

If I'm honest, it does make me sad. However, I know I'm in good hands until they find a replacement.

My other caseworker is someone I get along well with and feel safe with, so there isn't really much anxiety that comes with this news.

For all I know, it may just be that because I'm already ill, the shock of it hasn't really hit me yet.

But you would think it would hit worse if you were ill, right? I think it's most likely because I sensed that they were already on their way out.

Somehow, I know that there is a silver lining in this.

Now, it's almost as though nothing surprises me any more. Or maybe I'm just used to people entering and leaving my life in fairly quick succession.

Whatever reason I'm not feeling as much about it right now, it's probably for the best.

Perhaps this is my chance to start again fresh.

Perchance, if neither of the caseworkers who dealt with myself and bin boy during the horrible shit he put me through are working with the housing association any more, I may very well watch him leave.

And we could do with some new energy here, besides of course, my new neighbour.

I feel a gentle tap on my head, before a steaming mug of tea is placed in front of me.

Thought you might want some cherry and cinnamon tea for that flu of yours.

I smile.

Trugarez, Olly.

Wrapping my throw around myself, I scoot over to make room for him. He sits, seemingly noticing the bottle of Olbas oil I have beside me.

That bad, huh?

I nod.

I just want to start again, honestly.

Fair enough. Illnesses do be like that.

We sit for a while, not really saying anything, but knowing what we'd want to say now: 

I miss you, can we meet in the middle when you're ready?

Of course we will, eventually.

He picks up the TV remote, and casts me a questioning look.

Fort Salem?

I grin.

Fort Salem.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

51 - A God, Reaching

266 - A God, Green

300 - A God, Shedding