159 - A God, Changing

Lin

I didn't get to see my caseworker in the end.

My body decided it really needed some sleep at noon, and so I didn't get their messages until 4pm, by which time they'd already gone.

So, for now, it seems I'm on my own.

That is, if the other caseworkers aren't around tomorrow. I'll have to check.

Also I triggered myself with disgusting shit on Pinterest that relates to what rickmansworth did to me, so there's that.

Let's not go there.

Just today, I've been thinking about how much I used to enjoy food, and how it's almost as though that pleasure has been stolen from me.

Now I live in fear of both hunger and eating. It's a strange sensation.

Honestly, the whole thing makes me sad, and furious - I used to cook all the time, as well as sometimes getting takeout that I really enjoyed.

I want to do it again, and I may very well do.

You will.

Did I just hear two voices? I turn, and sure enough, both Achlys and Styx are there. Usually, they wouldn't be the people I'd talk with about food, but somehow them being here now makes sense to me.

Για! What brings you here?

Achlys smiles.

Recovery.

Quietly, Styx passes me a galette with Andouille de Guémené and a fried egg on it, and grins when she notices my face light up.

Haven't had Breton food in a while, have you?

I shake my head.

Not since last year, I don't think.

Well, it looks like we're changing that. Eat up!

I take a bite, and it feels like, just for a moment, I may have gone back home, sitting in a galette house, watching the Easter festivities going on in the town square, and knowing, just knowing, that I am utterly safe here.

Ευχαριστώ.

Yet again, my eyes water, and Styx is handing me the tissue box.

We'll be here for as long as you need us.

It's weird to think that Styx is supposed to be the Goddess of hatred, seeing as she treats those she loves so well, and the dead with such grace and dignity. Same with Achlys - she's the Goddess between life and death, and of misery, vilifying her every move. And yet, she is one of the kindest people I know.

I wonder...

How many lies have been told to suit evil's narrative?

Παρακαλώ, make yourselves at home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

51 - A God, Reaching

266 - A God, Green

300 - A God, Shedding