208 - A God, A Stormchild

Lin

The rain seems to have found me again.

Honestly, it's a relief.

My time at The Listening Place was tinged with honesty.

I told them about the DID, which is the first time since I was thirteen that I've mentioned it to a practitioner.

Admittedly, I was scared of mentioning it, but I'm glad I did.

Now, it feels like the weight of the Earth is off my shoulders, somehow.

Someone quietly ruffles my hair, and when I turn, the smell of Terrence's cologne hits me in the face. Blinking, I note his reaction to my reaction is to do his utmost to stifle a good natured laugh.

Gods, you're adorable.

Planting himself into the sofa next to me, he tugs me into a warm embrace, smiling against my neck.

M'amoƻr...

Face turning red, I attempt to turn away, but he gently moves my head back, so that my eyes meet his. I raise an eyebrow, though I'm sure that my blush is still very apparent.

Perak? (Why?)

He smiles.

Why not? You're my wife.

His hug becomes very slightly tighter, yet it allows me breathing space. Running his hands through my hair, he answers with a reason I wasn't expecting.

You've been experiencing horrible flashbacks lately, as well as nasty physical symptoms. There should be someone or something showering you with love. You deserve it.

Blushing yet again, I hide my face momentarily in his shoulder. He sighs, carefully moving me just enough for me to meet his eyes again, though he's smiling.

How do you manage to hold so much love for me, of all people?

Feeling his hands move from my shoulders to my ribs, I pause. Raising one hand, he strokes my cheek.

Who do you think taught me how to love?

I suck in a breath. Yet another answer I wasn't expecting, just like how I wasn't expecting him to refer to me with a Walon nickname that lovers would normally use.

I'll always love you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

51 - A God, Reaching

266 - A God, Green

300 - A God, Shedding