215 - A God, With Pleasure

Lin

At least one prayer of mine was answered today.

I got my homeopathic remedies in the post.

Having taken several, I actually feel considerably better.

Frankly, whilst my hot flushes are still there and I feel a bit teary, it's not the level of desperate I was feeling a few hours ago.

Today was uneventful, besides our house being inspected.

My room was a tip, so that was awkward.

But weirdly, they were more gentle with me than I expected them to be.

Yet I still felt a tad embarrassed, so I cleaned up what I could once I was gone.

Prayers really are coming true for me recently.

Usually I worry about my requests falling upon deaf ears, but it seems like those I ask for aid from are doing their utmost to get me the things I need, which is fantastic.

Just now, I was asked by Great Aunt Hera, of all people, to do a reading.

She wanted to communicate with me, and I'll always be grateful for her involvement in my existence.

Whilst I write of this, someone gently taps my head, and when I tilt my head back to see who it is, Hera laughs, sending me into a fit of giggles at how that looks upside down.

Gods, Tavi!

Picking up the tissue box, she dabs at her slightly teary eyes, and takes a seat next to me.

Judging by your reaction, I assume you know what I meant by that reading.

I nod.

I'm getting away.

I've been waiting for this for more than two years.

Ναι. You'll be moving very soon.

I smile, my eyes misting over.

Ευχαριστώ, Auntie.

Hera wraps me in a hug that smells of cloves and honey.

Παρακαλώ. You deserve to live somewhere that can take care of your needs, Tavi. You also deserve to feel safe in your own house, to the point where you can take care of your own needs, without feeling burdensome or ashamed.

You deserve to be happy, Medi.

The tears flow freely now.

Auntie...

I know. You deserve far better than the odds you were given by world. 

But you rule now. And I think it's about time you came into your power. What do you say?

She passes me the tissue box, and I blot out the streams that have made homes on my face.

Ναι. I want this.

Flicking my palm and fingers up, I summon a ball of electricity. She mimics me, the both of us now holding lightning in our hands, conspiritorially smirking at each other.

Ενταξει. Then we'll begin with weather.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

51 - A God, Reaching

266 - A God, Green

300 - A God, Shedding