217 - A God, Alone

Lin

So I'll be spending this weekend alone.

My friend ended up bailing, as their sister's sick. I can't really blame them for that.

It's on days like these that I'm reminded of how much I miss my family, especially my father.

He'd never willingly leave me alone if he felt there was something wrong going on for me.

Taranis has always been a good dad, to both me and my brother.

And I learned a lot from him, both as his child and his apprentice.

Come to think of it, today I got an intuitive hit about him again, and his watch shop.

Just in case it really is his shop, I won't mention the location - but I read with both runes and tarot to confirm it.

For now, I'll leave following that hunch until I have more information.

Whilst I trust my Da, I also know he would never ask me to follow him blindly.

Given my health situation as well, it's definitely a weird time to try any kind of long distance travel.

Let's be honest, I've been consistently complaining of being unable to travel in London without my caseworker. How would I cope with travelling two or three hours out now?

Yeah sure, I've done it before, but not in the state I'm in at the moment.

Not to mention that said travelling was to a place I knew was safe, as a friend of mine lives in travelling distance of said area.

Ruffling my hair, my Da sits alongside me in silence, processing my misery with compassion.

What do you need?

It's such a simple question, yet I have no answer to it.

I don't know.

I know what I feel I need - whether or not that is truly what I need is another thing entirely.

He takes my hands in his own.

Then, what do you feel you need?

I pause.

I feel I need to go home.

Home is Penmarc'h, and I want to go home.

Tears stream down my face. My heart hurts. Da says nothing, gently coaxing me into his arms, rubbing my back.

You'll go home soon, ma bugel. We'll all go home. Mat eo din?

He hands me the tissue box, and I dab at my face.

Trugarez. It just feels like I have no choice but to wait.

He nods.

It's the downside of our profession, Tavi - we, the purveyors of Time, spend more time waiting than anyone else, so everyone else don't have to wait.

You are so strong, Tavi, especially after waiting for so long. I promise you, that you don't have to wait alone any more. You have me now. Always remember that.

I nod.

I will. Karout a ran ac'hanout.

He adjusts the throw blanket around us, leaving a peck on my forehead.

Karout a ran ac'hanout.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

51 - A God, Reaching

266 - A God, Green

300 - A God, Shedding