226 - A God, Logging

Lin

Someone in system decided to delete our entire alter database today.

Now myself and Terrence are having to fill it out all over again.

Today's blog will most likely be quite short because of it.

Frankly, despite how much I've been resting, I've been stressed out today.

My neighbours and their friends being loud hasn't helped matters.

Changing my subliminal playlist slightly may have contributed, too.

Sitting in Belenos' living room, I take in some deep breaths, focusing on Terrence's heartbeat as best as I can.

Hopefully, if things work out, I'll be able to find my parents on the physical with the way my playlist works now.

Picking up on my sadness, Terrence's attention becomes slightly more physical, as he gently reassures me that he's staying right here.

I've got you.

He strokes my scalp, and I find myself beginning to relax.

Today didn't exactly go to plan, did it?

He sighs, moving his hands to my shoulders.

Nann, lovely, it seems it didn't. But then again, how often do things truly go to plan? Not to mention the frequency of people actually being pleased with things going to plan...

He has a point. Even when things do go to plan, sometimes you feel less satisfied than you'd expect.

Do you think things will be ok?

He smiles.

I have no doubt that they will be. After all, they're your things, gwir?

True. And given that I'm a God of Time, I'm able to do whatever I want with them.

Trugarez.

For what, m'amoûr?

I snuggle deeper into his arms.

For believing in me.

He raises my face to align with his, gazing into my eyes with genuine adoration that I can feel from here.

Of course I believe in you - you've given me plenty of reason to.

I smile, feeling my face grow warm with the love we share for each other. Belenos' footsteps break our stare, and we both watch as he walks over to me, landline in hand.

It's Maltan.

*******

Maltan

Where are you guys?

Tavi sounds confused, and honestly, I can't blame them.

Quimperlé. We've found a connection to Liv that we're currently interrogating now.

Said connection is slumped at Sanis' feet, with Arvesis pointing his spear at him. Standard procedure.

Can I hear his voice?

I look to Aventana, then Sanis, who both nod. Then, Sanis approaches the geek in ratty denim and off brand All Stars, using all of the interrogation material he learned from being a part of the Gaulish Defence Collective.

Let me ask you again, asshole. What do you know about Liv Parsons?

The boy smirks, lanky arms curling around his knees. If he saw sense, he'd be begging for his life.

I'm not telling you anything.

Over the line, I hear Tavi's breath hitch.

What is it?

He's rickmansworth's nephew.

Sanis notices my surprise, and takes the phone from me, telling Tavi who's talking. It isn't long before he puts the phone down, and nods at Arvensis. I know those looks, and the likely phrase that Lin gave Sanis.

Send him to his Underworld, bring his filth here, put his head in a box, to inspire fear.

They're going to kill him.

Myself and Aventana exchange looks, and in response to her confuzzlement, I mouth one word.

world.

Realisation lights her face, and she nods, smiling grimly as the boy screams, blood staining the floor. It's not like anyone will hear him - this is an abandoned lot. He should've thought about that before stashing things here.

Arvensis opens his rucksack, quietly transferring his 'filth' (eyes, tongue, hands and man parts) into jars, presumably for Tavi's collection. They have every right, given that I'm pretty sure this guy has sexually assaulted them at least two or three times, and given rickmansworth the means to do so many times as well.

Sanis dispenses the remainder of his body (besides his head) into an oil barrel, using wood from the lot to begin a fire. 

Are there any boxes around here?

Aventana comes out of a corner with an ornate wooden chest, and we all smirk.

Fancier than he deserves.

Aventana nods.

Gwir, but it sends a message, right?

She fishes a pad and paper out of her handbag, which is slightly fiddly with her leather gloves. Then, she writes:

THIS IS YOUR ONE AND ONLY WARNING.

She lays it neatly in the chest, then the boy's mutilated head follows. Slamming it shut, she smiles.

Do we have an address that a box can be sent to?

Arvesis, who has his laptop decrypting the boy's phone, nods.

I had to debug it first, but it wasn't bugged all that well. Says something about a town called Rickmansworth, along with an address in Chertsey.

Mat eo din. Chertsey it is.

We can get Malley to send it. They're safe. Malley and Caell.

Aventana nods.

Marvellous. I'll arrange for them to meet us not too far from here.

We all nod, and I check the oil barrel, which shows no signs of evidence, not even bones. When Sanis notices, he indicates to a bottle of olive oil, and I roll my eyes.

Show off.

He grins, sliding it back into his backpack, and I continue the conversation with Tavi.

Judging by the screams, I'll assume he's dead?

Ya. Massacred.

You clean?

Ya. Crisp.

They giggle.

Wonderful. Come back as soon as you can, mat eo din?

We will. Ken tuchant.

Ken tuchant, and trugarez.

The line cuts, and I smicker.

The God Of All, God Of None has allies - and we'll make world's friends drop like flies.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

51 - A God, Reaching

266 - A God, Green

300 - A God, Shedding