227 - A God, Desires

Lin

Somehow, I got through today.

Tomorrow is what I'm worried about.

My visit to a museum with the housing association is tomorrow, and I have no clue how my body will hold up.

I want to go into society again, but I don't know how ready I am to do that.

Slumped in one of Belenos' medical chairs, I sigh. He's been running a load of different tests on me to ensure my health, as well as some genetic tests to determine my ancestry, among other things, like confirming my relations on the physical.

As the doorbell rings, I raise my head. Belenos answers, and allows the person to come through. When we lock eyes, we both smile.

Ash!

Of all people to visit me whilst I'm in Breizh, I was not expecting them. Their black hair swishes around me as they wrap me in a warm hug that smells like vanilla, strawberries and cinnamon.

Hey! I figured you'd want a little pick me up today!

They rifle through their bag, and I realise - that's their work bag. Their hand emerges with a load of needles and ink.

Tattoo for good luck?

Ash is technically a version of me, who has the ability to appear on the physical outside of me - for a number of reasons that I can't list here. But seeing them now offers me a great amount of relief.

Ya, trugarez.

They indicate to my body.

Where?

Now, I already have a tattoo on my upper left arm of my gorgon self, a tattoo on my upper right arm of the Wheel Of Fortune card in tarot, and a spade on my right cheekbone. 

Here.

Pointing to the left side of my forehead, I smile. This is one I've been wanting for a while.

They raise an eyebrow.

Another face tattoo, eh?

They grin, taking my chin in their hand to figure out a rough scale of my forehead. It's quite small, so they may have their work cut out for them.

There should be enough room for a word, depending on the kind of text you want it to be in. I can't guarantee large pictures, though.

Don't worry, I know which word I want.

Μακάριος.

For a moment, they stare at me in shock, before their face slowly spreads into a wide smicker.

You mad bastard!

They playfully shove my shoulder, and we both end up giggling.

For context, the word μακάριος translates into 'fortunate', 'blessed' or 'happy'.

And it's an epithet only used by Greek Gods.

Essentially, I am revealing myself as a God, particularly from the Greek God family tree, to everyone who has the brains to figure it out.

So you're moving out of the godly closet, eh?

I nod.

Ya, especially after yesterday.

They cast me a questioning look, and I explain yesterday's phone call between myself and Maltan.

They killed Maybury?

They cackle.

Oh, to be a fly on the wall in world's office right now. Comedy gold!

He'll definitely react to getting his nephew's severed head as a delivery. He has no way of pinpointing us, though.

Well, of course he doesn't. I might not be involved, but I know how Gaulish Gods clean up, and they do it well.

They smile, taking my hands in theirs.

I'm going to ask for Eutychia and Tyche's help with this tattoo, mat eo din?

I nod, and they wipe my forehead clean, then begin to stencil. Shutting my eyes, I smile.

I'm lucky to be a God - a God like me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

51 - A God, Reaching

266 - A God, Green

300 - A God, Shedding