254 - A God, Redeemed

Delilah

Awakening, I smile. 

Last night was a fabulous celebration of all of the European Gods and their accomplishments.

I was surprised when they invited me, but then again, being a part of both the Yevanic and Hispanic Jewish lines, I shouldn't really have been shocked.

Besides, it was nice to catch up with Sophia, who I hadn't seen in about a thousand years. Most of my tenure on Earth has been spent with Lilith, who I came to Mann with.

There is one obvious point of contention that ever bothers me, though.

My depictions in Jewish mythology, and how they vilify me.

Now, that is not my main aim of being here on the Isle of Man - this celebration was a way for me to kick back and relax.

Yet I cannot help but feel that somehow, someone here can help me clear my name, and have everyone know what really happened to me.

Summarising my entire situation, world basically conspired to turn a significant amount of groups of people on particularly sacred lands against each other.

A few obvious examples are the Germanic tribes and the Celts, as well as the Egyptians and the Israelites.

However, us Philistines, now known as Palestinians, are almost never mentioned in this context, for all the suffering we have experienced due to world's meddling.

Our name literally means 'people of the sea', or 'people of love' due to the Greeks thinking us to be descended from Aphrodite, yet there is no love for us.

Quite a few modern scholars seem to think it's acceptable to pin the blame on us for 'taking Jewish land' when we were there first. (This is no offence to any Jewish people out there - you deserved to have land and safety, but world wrongfully stole yours, then told you our land was yours, which is simply false.)

We didn't rely on the Romans to take this land for us - we had already discovered the land, they just chose to invade after they managed to take Egypt.

Keep in mind as well that the Romans considered us and our Carthaginian cousins to be enemies of their empire.

Essentially, the 'allowance' for us to remain in our homeland was a Roman decision, one that we would never have had a say in, whether they banished us or not.

People seem to like to forget about how until a certain point, ourselves and the Israelites were friends.

Very good friends, I might add. We traded a lot until the Romans decided to split us between the Middle East and Egypt for slave labour.

Correct, we were slaves as well.

Literally no race back then that was less powerful than the Romans was safe from their bullshit.

Frankly, it lends to the irony of the way the Nazis used propaganda against the Jewish community, yet venerated both Norse and Roman cultural examples that were severely programmed and bugged.

Not to mention bugging and programming archival footage that still affects billions of people today. I'm pretty sure even our Head God is still doing their best to flush out the evil Rat King programming that both the cult and looking too deeply into internet and TV rabbit holes has put into their psyche.

The hypocrisy from both of those races is real - both the idea of persecuting innocent people for existing whilst spreading diseases of physical, emotional, mental, spiritual, social and financial natures, whilst blaming said innocent people they hate and envy for those diseases being where they are due to these invaders and colonisers spreading it in the first fucking place.

It's large scale narcissism, and you cannot tell me otherwise.

None of the non bugged Norse culture would have advocated for such mistreatment of people, nor would most non bugged cultures.

Judaism, from what I remember, was always welcomed within reason, politely, when they built their own communities, usually out of everybody else's way, and with their permission. Their etiquette and manners are incomparable to those detestable Romans, and even less so with the Nazis.

Trying to bottle my anger, I take a sip of the cocktail Litavis made for all of us.

If I remember correctly, they named it 'Balm of Chios', after our shared heritage.

Us Philistines actually originate from the Aegean, so to me, their including our culture in a drink is a huge compliment.

We still use mastic as chewing gum sometimes.

Speaking of which, Lin plants themself next to me on Mannanán's sofa. They're far more casual than I am, but then again, a lot of these people are close relatives of theirs, so their level of comfort is probably way higher than mine right now. I do know that they understand my pain, though, at least partially, both with regards to their vilification as Medusa and their persecution as the version of Lilith who supposedly left the Garden of Eden. But that's a story for them to tell.

Are you good?

I nod slowly. Most of those who came for the Litha celebrations have left now - though some people still remain, to what end I don't know.

There's a lot on my mind.

They nod.

Your story hasn't been fairly told, has it?

Far from it. 

My story, up until now, has always been told from the viewpoints of men. I think it's about time people heard my story from my own mouth.

Samson raped me.

A thing that people would deem to be a lie, but it isn't.

From what I know, before his meeting me, my people, at world's behest, killed his first wife and his father in law, which they weren't supposed to do.

That man deceived them into thinking that this would weaken his resolve, that to burn these innocent people would force him to be unable to continue to spread a bugged version of Judaism. If anything, it added fuel to said spread of the bug.

Because unfortunately yes, even some of Judaism and its factions have severely bugged bloodlines. I initially feared addressing this due to the very controversy of talking about it. But who better than I, someone who has had experience, to talk about such a thing?

They nod.

Samson was a Nazirite, if I remember rightly. Which meant no grapes, no hair cuts, and no touching of dead bodies, right?

Yes.

Except they forgot to mention one thing about being a Nazirite.

They know!

You're not supposed to kill anything.

I nod ferverently.

And yet, he was told to break this rule countless times to 'satisfy God's wrath on the premise of justice', which the true Jewish God, who you know, would never have asked him to do.

In retaliation for the killing of his wife and father in law, he began killing thousands of our people. Not an equal number in comparison to how much he lost (though he was understandably upset), and most of the people he killed were innocent as well.

Because of his capacity for mindless violence, we needed to stop him. So I took one for the team - and he took advantage of me when I refused him, like so many of us have experienced.

My fellow Philistines were appalled, and so persuaded me that I should find out what his weakness was. When I found out it was his hair being cut off that would take his superhuman strength away, I endeavoured that I place a spell on him so that he could never do such harm to anyone else, whether that were the mindless violence he was so capable of, or the rape he put me through.

Lin sighs, pinching the bridge of their nose.

So many of these cult bastards are the same. They think they can take anything and anyone they want without consequences.

That's why some of the Philistine took heed of your creed from some Gaulish traders. To take his eyes, so he could not use them to harm anyone, and so that anyone who had been badly affected by said eyes would be as cleansed as they possibly could be.

Harvesting of eyes is a rite of justice in Gaul, right?

They nod.

It's a physical, mental and spiritual punishment, as the eyes are the window to the soul.

It effectively prevents their soul from intruding on anyone else, keeping their soul trapped in their body until death, unless someone manages to restore their eyes.

There are other more sacred reasons, but I'd have to tell you those in a more private setting.

I nod. It's only natural that they would want to keep that part of their work a secret, given the nature of it. Though I also get the sense that they want to be seen as more than just a harvester of eyes, or a gorgon, or a soldier, or even a God of Earth. 

Perhaps there's a way of both of us getting what we want, in terms of people knowing the truth.

They cast me a curious look.

Teach me your gospel, and I'll teach you mine.

Their face lights up in righteous excitement, and I giggle. Their joy is positively contagious despite the heavy topic I just broached to them, and somehow, we both feel better. I know it.

They take my hands in theirs.

Consider this promise made.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

51 - A God, Reaching

266 - A God, Green

300 - A God, Shedding