265 - A God, Of The Round Table

Lin

The journey back to England was very peaceful.

You would think that the proximity to the holidays would have made my journey busier, but not so!

Back at the nemeton, it's all changed.

Arthur's got a new air conditioning system set up, Merlin has an anti pest system up and running and Robin has increased security around the perimeter to avoid us getting bamboozled by fake Gods again.

Honestly, I'm proud of all of them.

It's nice to see Herne so happy, too - though I think he wants to go back to being my personal bodyguard, which, given his sharp eyes and ability to heal, as well as fight, would definitely prove useful to the both of us.

Ruminating over all this, I jump slightly when Arthur makes himself comfortable next to me on the sofa.

I want to talk to you about something.

Producing a large map, he grins.

My knights and the Merry Men put their heads together to procure this - it's the Celtic territories in their entirety.

I smile.

Wonderful!

He nods.

I wanted to ask you about where we should make bases of operations in each nation - because I don't think we have marked territory everywhere, and it's also useful to have places to seek asylum in case shit really hits the fan. Especially for you, of all people, but everyone stands to gain from it.

Arthur's right. Having safe places that are within reasonable travelling distance of each other is important, and to have them be accessible just as much. It also gives everyone more potential designations to receive offerings from, and therefore more chances to develop a following among both local land spirits and among the people.

The map is gorgeously laid out, up to date (by way of what looks like a spiritual update charm, which I remember Merlin mentioning he wanted to develop), and decorated with gold, along with the colours of each nation respectively; blue and white for Scotland, red for Mannin, green and orange for Ireland, red, green and white for Cymru, blue and purple for England, black and white for Kernow, and black, gold and white with silver and purple borders for Breizh.

We're going to need several in each country, but I think we should start with having bases in each major city, and go from there.

Good call.

He gestures to a point nearer to the bottom of the map. Quickly, I realise he's referring to London.

My problem is the cities with "Greater" territories. What are we supposed to do with those?

He has a point. Greater London as a whole is huge, and there's no doubt that England is probably going to be the most finnicky to sort out due to the consistent damage done to the land by invasions.

My thought was that we have a base in each borough, but some boroughs may need more than one. 

I pause.

Perhaps get your guys to make maps of the boroughs for us.

Arthur nods.

That's the way I see it working. Either that or use the Tube maps.

That would also be a good port of call, though I want it to be accessible to those who can't get to us directly through the Tube.

Valid point.

For a while, we ponder over the map, which Merlin has quickly altered to be enchanted with a function that allows you to look more closely at an area to view what's in it, or what it would look like from a bird's eye view.

Wait.

Arthur points at the borough of Greenwich.

Isn't Greenwich supposed to be yours?

I nod.

Then what's the deal with the black stuff?

I sigh.

After world bugged me with the rat king programming, he stole Greenwich from me.

As I say this, Merlin silently gets out a body pillow with world's likeness on it, which Arthur begins to punch in pure rage. I do my best not to laugh, as the whole thing feels completely out of pocket, but I also understand what must have happened for it to get to the point where someone had an idea to get a body pillow of world. Probably Galahad's idea.

His momentum eventually slows down, and I pass him a glass of strawberry and pine lemonade, which he sips gratefully.

Edyrgys. (Apologies.)

I shake my head.

Nothing to apologise for. I've gotten rid of the rat king programming now.

He nods.

Glad to hear it.

Just as he finishes his sentence, a look of pure unadulterated mischief, joy and inspiration floods his face.

Do you want to do something that will really piss dj slimeball off?

Yes, we have a million nicknames for world. Enjoy it.

Go on.

Reclaim Greenwich.

Think about it - you have the tools now, and he's probably not counting on you taking it back, thinking you'll fall for the idea of going into battle with him to get it back.

He's probably thinking "Well at least they haven't taken Greenwich" like it's some guarantee that he'll be ok, and that he has control over Time.

But you are Time, Lin. Make him remember that.

I smirk.

I certainly like the idea of catching him offguard.

Padding into the altar room, I set up my things - a brown candle, my wand, several essential oils, a candle holder and my Zippo lighter. Carving Greenwich's name into the candle, I call upon the land spirits of the area. All I hear are the words

We accept.

Which is all I need to hear.

Setting the candle on the holder, I dress it in the oils, praying to my fellow Gods, spirit guides, ancestors and non cult angels to help me reclaim Greenwich, then light the candle with a smile.

Surprise, motherfucker.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

51 - A God, Reaching

266 - A God, Green

300 - A God, Shedding