277 - A God, Heard

Lin

My GP was an absolute legend today.

He got me re-referred to the eating disorder clinic, flagged me for probable PTSD, suggested some blood tests and got me a new fit note all in one sitting.

Despite my reservations surrounding doctors, he's actually done a great job.

And whilst the sertraline he prescribed didn't work on me, he seems to know what he's doing.

There was also a decent understanding about me not wanting to be on medication.

It was suggested that I try something else, but given the situation, it's most likely that I won't, for now.

Personally, if I do end up on any medication again, I think it would probably help me most to take it once I've moved out of Highgate.

With regards to Highgate and cleaning up all of the festering negative energy here, I have my work cut out for me.

Frankly, I am considering that I may need to do a fully fledged purification ritual on the place.

Claiming Greater London definitely helped, but it's by no means a complete fix of the whole situation here.

Essentially, I need to find the root cause of what's making this whole place stained with black sludge.

Some people might be able to help, but I'm not entirely sure who. I heard Abnoba's name, who is one of my cousins, so it might do to send her a magpie.

Judging by Abnoba's desire to be involved in this situation, I can only assume it's really bad, from a spiritual perspective.

Giving context, Abnoba is the main Goddess of the Black Forest in Germany, on the borders of France and Switzerland. As one of my Gallo-Germanic cousins, I don't see her all that often, aside from at family events. If I recall correctly, part of her job as a Goddess is to clean things spiritually, and being a river, forest and mountain Goddess, she is brilliant at this.

Usually, I would see this as a genuinely good situation (which I do, as I love my cousin, and I want to be able to see her more often - she's also a master at her calling), but if someone I deem better than me at banishing, cleansing and purifying is making a point of taking an interest in one of the areas I've claimed to help me cleanse it, I know it's bad.

Myself, Suli and Abnoba, aside from some others, are some of the best banishers and cleansers in the Celtic pantheon. In this kind of situation, I don't usually need help from another God to cleanse another place. Something about needing more help due to how unclean Highgate is spiritually makes me feel uncomfortable, almost threatened.

You do realise that Highgate will always be yours, right?

I turn, and Suli is standing in front of me, grinning.

If you need to call on Abnoba, there's no shame in doing so. Even Head God needs help sometimes.

You have a lot on your plate, you know. And whilst I know you don't like delegating, I never remember you being this adamant about going it alone before.

You deserve the help, regardless of how capable you are. Just because you promised to do something, doesn't mean that others can't help.

She has a point. My reservations about having claimed an area shouldn't deter me from getting help if both myself and the other people of the area need it.

Mat eo din. I'll call for her.

As I send the note to Abnoba, I swivel back to face Suli.

Do you want cake?

She smiles.

Sure. What kind?

Does Battenburg sound good to you?

She grins.

Sounds great. Should we order in Black Forest Gateau as well, just to see how Abi reacts?

I cackle.

She'll absolutely hate us.

Let's do it!

Chuckling, we make the order and wait, for both Abi and the cake, to come.

The cake comes first, with the both of us displaying it neatly on the table, in full view as Abi shows up.

You've got to be fucking kidding me.

We both snigger, and she rolls her eyes, shaking her head.

You're both still such children, you know that? Even after a few billion years, you assholes act like this.

Ah, fuck it.

And just as we both knew she'd do, she takes a slice of the gateau, alongside one of the forks we laid out on the table, and she eats, bobbing her head as she chews. Usually, that means she's really enjoying it, so we must have struck gold with the patissiere we got it from.

So, you're interested in helping me clean up Highgate?

She nods.

If you'll invite me.

I have no intention of taking any land from you - I have enough to deal with in the Black Forest as it is without taking bugged land from the rest of the Celtic kingdom...

She sighs.

That's your job.

Suli gently shoves my head, and I nod.

Mat eo din, I get it. I suppose I was a little bit paranoid.

It's this place, I think. And potentially those who have corrupted it.

You're never that precious with other places, not even Greenwich.

Abi nods.

This is what I was worried about. Plus, you having stayed here for way over your tenancy. It's like someone's tried to chain you to this place.

I know that was world's original intention - to keep you a slave in a place where he could control and monitor you, but now that you're no longer under his programming, why is it that you're unable to leave?

I think there's more to this than just world and his goons. I think it's to do with the cult activity that's been happening here.

Your neighbours have picked up on it, and so have you - I don't think it's good for you to be here any more.

But in the case of being unable to break free properly on your own, as well as setting others free and making sure that Highgate is properly cleansed before you go, we want to help. If you call upon us both, whether it be for Highgate or anywhere else, we will answer. Ya?

Ya.

Rummaging through her handbag, Abi passes me a white candle, her dark brown plaits swishing as she does.

Light this, and ask for us to join you in cleansing this place, as well as getting you the means to leave.

Upon closer inspection, I realise that it has both Highgate's and my own name on it.

It's a freedom spell. You know as well as we do what freedom is, to all of us Gauls, and to us as a Celtic nation.

The choice is yours.

Tears fill my eyes. I know exactly what they are speaking of. There's only one answer, only one thing going through my mind right now, something that I'll never compromise on.

Ελευθερία ή Θάνατος.

Quietly, I set the candle down, dressing the candle in peppermint, juniper, cedar and pine oils.

Juniper, cedar, pine/All in a line/May freedom now be mine.

I call for them both, and as I feel their energy cleansing this place, these people, this land - I can't help but feel proud.

Today, we set the tone.

Today, we fight.

Today, we win.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

51 - A God, Reaching

266 - A God, Green

300 - A God, Shedding