282 - A God, Uncovering

Lin

I've been doing a considerable amount of research over the past few days.

My initial reasoning was that I wanted to research to find out have so much pain surrounding my views on Turkey and its people, but it led me into a whole load of genocides that I didn't even know about.

Part of me is now rethinking everything, as I'm exploring a rabbit hole that revealed the Croatians as being Nazis.

Which honestly, really caught me offguard - and I sense that my ancestors are not happy about it.

From what I can see, the atrocities of World War I and World War II are intrinsically linked, and seemed to give people the excuse to persecute whoever they wanted that they deemed as beneath them.

Even the Greeks took part in some atrocities, admittedly, though my thought is that it's likely that many Turkish accounts are exaggerated, due to their hatred and jealousy towards Greek people. (I am not, however, saying that said things did not happen at all.)

The whole thing is taking me a while to process and accept as fact.

Up until now, I had assumed that Croatia and Slovenia had been unwillingly involved in the Second World War due to Italian interference, but now, it doesn't seem that way - yet I can't help but feel my ancestors' pain over the whole thing, as though they were the ones who were hurt.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

51 - A God, Reaching

266 - A God, Green

300 - A God, Shedding