56 - A God, Preparing

Lin

I'm going to buy myself some ready meals to last me for the next two weeks.

Now that one of my found family has sold something on my behalf, I can get some extra things to keep me comfortable.

I have been suggested this kind of thing before, but I want to do it my way.

Until I move out, I want my use of the kitchen to be as stress free as possible.

Also, I just found out that I come from yet another royal dynasty.

Initially I had believed that they may have found BrĂ¢n's body because of the name they used, but it seems that it's another Hungarian dynasty. Either way, great for me. Another royal house for the books.

This is what I meant by 'above the ladder'.

Almost no one has that many noble and royal houses to their name unless they are a God of some kind.

I am preparing to move very soon.

I have no word yet from anyone, including my caseworker, but I want to be sure that I'll be able to go as soon as possible, and the more I take care of myself, the better.

I have become much more relaxed during the past day or so because of the alternatives I have discussed with other people.

It feels good to feel heard, to feel understood.

The MCU movies have definitely also helped me with this.

They bring up solutions, even at the worst of times, to ensure that they can walk out of those dire situations alive. Somehow, it feels like I am no different.

In a way, it's like my brain has been represented on screen.

Maybe I'm not a tech genius, but I am a good problem solver when I'm not overly stressed out.

It's very cold here in England.

Usually it wouldn't be below 5°C in December, but I'm glad it is. After the long hot summer we had this year, the Earth needs to cool down.

I wholeheartedly agree.

Oh, hi Chione.

Chione is the Greek Goddess of Winter and snow, and of the darkening hours. She's a very distant cousin of mine through Boreas.

It has been way too long. How are you?

Surviving, I guess. Which is the best I can do.

Well, if you need anything, including help defeating Rickmansworth, I'm always here.

A necklace bearing a snowflake pendant appears on my altar in the nemeton.

Whenever you need support, it senses that, and will let me know. Old spiritual technology, but it works well.

Thank you.

I pull out a silver pocketwatch encrusted with sapphires, and place it on the offering altar.

From cousin to cousin.

I guess it's my turn to say thank you. :)

She has always been a good friend of my mother's, as they both used to work in the Winter Department before my mother gave the reigns to her for all of Greece. That was when my Maman decided to move to Gaul, and there, she married my Dad.

You've taken on a lot of responsibility for us. Of course I'm more than happy to help you.

I can feel her smile on the other side.

I'm glad.

By the way, my father and uncles wanted to let you know that they're on your side against Rickmansworth, especially after what happened to both of us.

I'm not the only one that Rickmansworth has defiled, let's put it that way.

That's good to hear. I'll need their strength.

I'm not just angry on my own behalf, I'm angry for those many others who have also been hurt by him.

They're making the necessary connections to keep wherever you end up going safe, too.

They said to take the weather with you.

I remember.

We drove the Romans out solely with our Weather Gods. Insane, right? We were so few, and yet so far from being dead and gone, that our Gods still held sway, and still do, over this land, this land that we call Albion.

Everywhere you go, you always take the weather with you.

I can feel her grinning in her attempt not to sing as well.

Keep safe, cousin.

And you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

51 - A God, Reaching

266 - A God, Green

300 - A God, Shedding